Latest Processing Facility Assault Reveals 'No Secure Areas in Russia's Far Hinterland'
Ukraine's drones have hit the Russian oil processing plant in the city of Ufa, situated around 1,400 km from Ukraine, triggering explosions and a fire, per a source in Ukraine's intelligence agency.
This constitutes the latest intelligence long-range attack in the region in the last month. Those operations show that there are no secure zones in the distant backlines of the Russian Federation.
Ukrainian President Appeals to Trump to Broker Ceasefire in Ukraine
Volodymyr Zelenskyy appealed to Donald Trump to broker peace in Ukraine during a phone call on the weekend.
"When a conflict can be halted in a particular zone, then surely further hostilities can be ended as well, encompassing the Russian aggression," the President stated, praising the US President's "outstanding" Middle East peace initiative and calling for the American leader to influence the Kremlin into discussions.
Moscow's Assaults Kill Victims in Ukraine
Strikes by Russia on Ukrainian territory killed at least 5 individuals on Saturday and cut power to parts of Ukraine's southern Odesa region, as stated by authorities in Ukraine.
Two civilians died in a religious building in Kostyantynivka when it was struck, as reported by municipal sources.
In Russia's border region of the Belgorod region, a truck driver was lost his life by a drone assault, per regional authorities.
Electricity Restoration Efforts in the Capital
Operations proceeded on Saturday to restore power in Kyiv, after assaults.
Energy had been returned to more than 800,000 residents by the weekend and the largest private energy company said the key operations to repair the grid was concluded though some outages continued.
Anti-Aircraft Operations and Drone Downings
The Ukrainian air defences downed or disrupted 54 of 78 Russian drones deployed against the country during the night, the military reported on the weekend.
Russia's military authorities stated it eliminated 42 enemy drones over the country's airspace.
Cuba Rejects Claims of Sending Soldiers to the War
Havana on the weekend rejected American allegations it has provided military personnel to fight in the conflict in Ukraine, while affirming officials in Havana "do not have precise information about Cuban nationals" involved "voluntarily" or "as part of the armed units of both sides".
The foreign ministry in the capital stated 26 Cuban citizens had been sentenced to jail sentences varying between five to 14 years for mercenary activity since the autumn of 2023 when information spread of Cubans being dispatched to the battlefield in Ukraine.
I Want to Live Initiative Reveals Details on Cuban Enlistment
The surrender initiative, a state project that urges opposing fighters to lay down arms, said in spring: "We have confirmed the names and personal details of over a thousand Cubans who signed contracts with the Russian armed forces in 2023-2024."
The government in Havana stated of Cubans who might be engaged: "Undeniably that not a single one has the support, allegiance, or authorization of the Cuban authorities for their actions."
Family members of individuals who left for the Russian Federation in the year told Agence France-Presse at the time that their relatives had been tricked into joining through promotions on online platforms.